The Month of Love - Feelings Kit
Essential oils are organic compounds extracted from plants that have therapeutic properties. They can be found in the plant’s flower, stem, leaves, bark or fruit. The chemistry is extremely complex and may consist of hundreds of different and unique chemical compounds. This is what gives each oil its unique attributes and characteristics.
The oils are also the "lifeblood" of a plant. They protect the plant from disease, provide nutrients and help fight off anything it doesn't want! It keeps the plant (or tree, fruit, bark, root, etc.) healthy and functioning at its best!
Young Living’s essential oils can do the following:
- reach every cell in your body within 20 minutes when applied topically to the body
- can support the natural detoxification process in your body
- can help support your body’s natural regeneration process
- have the capability of passing the “blood-brain” barrier
- work on emotions via the limbic system of your brain when inhaled
- help to release emotional trauma, relax and clear the mind
- can help to transport nutrients to starving human cells
- can act as powerful antioxidants
- can increase atmospheric oxygen
- can help remove purify the air
- can increase ozone and negative ions in the area it is diffused creating a cleaner atmosphere.
Essential oils are made up of different constituents: monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, and phenols. What do phenols do, you ask? They clean and repair receptor sites. Meaning that the damage that our fear-based emotions have caused can be cleaned and repaired by using essential oils.
Use oils, breathe them in, and they quickly work on your amygdala and affect every single cell in your body within 20 minutes. Even cooler, they're adaptogenic, which means that they will work on the receptor sites that need help.
To clean those receptor sites, look for oils high in phenols. Some great ones include: Clove, Cassia, Basil, Cinnamon Bark, Oregano, Anise & Peppermint.
Now, what do sesquiterpenes do, you ask? They bring oxygen into the brain. This helps our amygdala (remember that is the emotion processing center of our brain) to work as it should.
So, when it comes to using oils for your emotional health - which is really your overall health, because remember: 87-93% of disease comes from our thought life/emotions - what should we look for?
Oils high in sesquiterpenes! Some great options are: Cedarwood, Vetiver, Spikenard, Sandalwood, Black Pepper, Patchouli, Myrrh, Ginger, Frankincense & Lavender.
The Feelings™ Collection
Let’s work through how to support our bodies using Young Living's The Feelings™ collection, which features six essential oil blends that inspire feelings of emotional well-being when diffused.
* Valor II: This is the first blend to use when preparing for an emotional release. It helps balance the energies within the body and helps to give courage, confidence, and self-esteem. Valor balances and equalizes the body’s energies thereby increasing oxygen intake to the pineal gland—the seat of our higher intelligence and intuitive faculties. Use: Apply 3-6 drops on each foot and top of shoulders. Cup hands and breathe in the strength giving aroma as it balance the body. Can also apply to feet at nighttime.
* Harmony: Harmony brings about a harmonic balance to the chakras (energy centers), allowing the energy to flow more efficiently through the body. It may reduce stress and create a general overall feeling of well-being. Use: Apply 1 drop of Harmony either directly on the energy centers (chakras) or along the side of the body.
* Forgiveness: Forgiveness may help one move past the barriers in life. It also helps to bring a person into a higher spiritual awareness of their needs and helps raise their frequency to the point where they feel almost compelled to forgive, forget, let go, and go on with their lives. Use: Apply 1 drop of Forgiveness around the navel in a clockwise motion.
* Present Time: Present Time helps bring one into the moment. We must forget about the past and stop worrying about the future. We must live in the moment in order to heal. Use: Apply 1 drop of Present Time behind the ears and 1 drop on the thymus (the gland just under your sternum or breastbone) in a circular motion; then close eyes and tap the thymus 3 times with the energy fingers (pointer and middle).
* Release: Release helps to enhance the release of memory trauma from the cells of the liver, where anger and hate emotions are stored. It may also help one let go of negative emotions so that progress is more effective and efficient. Use: Apply one drop of Release over the front and back of liver in a circular motion.
* Inner Child: Inner Child may stimulate memory response and help one reconnect with their inner-self or their own identity. This is one of the first steps to achieving emotional balance. “When you are a child all things are possible. There are no limitations,” says Gary Young. “When you find your inner child, you have found your true self. The child in you is your creativity.” Use: Apply 1 drop of Inner Child under the nose.
The Feelings Protocol
It has been said that when there is a conflict between reason and feeling, human beings will always side with feeling. According to Gary Young, “99% of life’s decisions are made from feelings.” Therefore, if you want your life to be guided by good decisions that lead to health, happiness, and fulfillment, you need to be aware of and in control of your present feelings and to learn how to release the repressed emotions of the past.
Most of our feelings from day to day are not responses to current happenings. They originate from the programming in cellular memory that was imprinted by the emotional experiences of our past that we were unable to understand, process, and resolve at the time.
These forgotten traumatic experiences function as live programming in our bodies, affecting every aspect of our lives and particularly in the area of how we make decisions. When our thoughts are limited by fears, lack of self-worth, and not feeling good enough for more or better, we make decisions that limit our success. Limited thinking leads to limited decisions that lead to a limited life far short of the higher being-given potential we actually possess.
By focusing on fixing your feelings, you can help support feelings of balance in most aspects of your life–physical, mental, and spiritual. Essential oils are perfect vehicles to help you in this task because their molecules pass directly to the emotional brain and can bring us into contact with the issues we have long forgotten and enable us to deal with them and resolve them once and for all. When we clear our emotional baggage, we clear the way to manifest our true and highest potential.
According to Gary Young, “Thought equals frequency. Essential oils absorb our thoughts. They are registered in the oils as intent. Intent is directed energy. When you apply an intent-energized oil on your feet they can saturate all of your cells within 60 seconds, stimulating creative thinking and pushing negative energy out of the cells, thus increasing the frequencies of the cells throughout the body. In that uplifted state you can create a new desire to be better tomorrow. You have no limitations but those you choose to accept.”
Step 1: Apply Valor on the bottoms of your feet to balance your feelings.
Step 2: Apply Harmony on the energy points of the body to release unpleasant energies.
Step 3: Apply Forgiveness clockwise on the navel to let go of negative emotion.
Step 4: Apply Present Time to the wrists and behind your ears.
Step 5: Apply Release over the front and back liver in the circular motion.
Step 6: Apply Inner Child under your nose.
Step 7: Apply Valor once again to complete the Feelings Kit experience.
You may repeat the Feelings Kit application as often as you wish.
Gary says, “Use the Feelings Kit. Apply feeling oils before work and every night before bed. Do this for 30 days and you will change your life. You will feel enthusiastic. Your life will be full of excitement. And people will be drawn to you like a magnet.”
If you put the Aromaglide Roller Filaments in your bottles, it’ll be really easy for you to roll them on and use them. Keep the oils very accessible so they are easy for you to grab. You can do this entire protocol in about 1 minute. You can also make it a really mindful time for yourself--go into a quiet space, follow the protocol and meditate or pray. You can do this before bed. The point is, make sure to use them!
Have you used the kit before or any of the individual oils? Share below.