Let's kick off summer with a few awesome recipes!
Summer is almost here! Did it sneak up on you, too? I've been so caught up in our landscaping project that I nearly forgot. Whoops! What do you have planned? Here's a recipe for your sweet tooth; DIY after-sun spray; and DIY outdoor spray to keep those pests away when you're outdoors.
Lavender Cupcakes with Wild Orange Cream Frosting
Light, different, and oh, so delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 1 1/2 vanilla beans, scraped (optional)
- 2 1/3 cups plus 2 Tablespoons cake flour, not self-rising
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract (use 3 Tablespoons if not using vanilla beans)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 drops Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 ounces low-fat Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4-6 drops Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 18 to 25 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Blend using the back of a tablespoon to loosen any clumps of seeds, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, milk, and Lavender Vitality Essential Oil. Mix for 1 minute. Add vanilla bean and sugar mixture and blend until completely combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and Orange Vitality Essential Oil together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Add sugar 1 cup at a time on low speed until completely combined.
- Increase the speed to high and mix until very fluffy and smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Lavender Vitality supports the cardiovascular and nervous system.
Orange Vitality supports your digestive and immune systems and promotes healthy skin.
Feeling a little heated after a full day in the sun? Cool down with this DIY After-Sun Spray.
- 3 oz distilled water
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil (Intensify the cooling sensation with extra drops)
- 1 Tbsp Witch Hazel
- 1 Tbsp Aloe Vera
Mix together and place in a 4 oz spray bottle. For an extra cooling effect, store in your refrigerator!!
Keep your outdoor cookouts annoyance-free with this outdoor spray.
- 2 oz Witch Hazel
- 2 oz distilled water
- 20 drops Thieves Essential Oil
- 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 20 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 20 drops Citronella Essential Oil
Mix together in a 4oz spray bottle. Shake before use.
BONUS: This can be a great diffuser blend for the back patio or camper, too! Use two drops of each oil with water in your diffuser.
Thank you for being here on this journey with me. xo