summer social diy - grill marinades
Looking for some ways to spice up your summer barbecue? Wanting to add a new twist to an old favorite? You've come to the right spot. I'm about to reveal top secret DIY recipes to make your outdoor gathering a smashing success. This blog series is not only going to give you some cool summer secrets but will also teach you how to use amazing Young Living products to enhance your summer experiences!
Last week we covered appetizers, cocktails and mocktails. Now, let's get into the meat of the series (**wink wink**). Marinades.
Store-bought marinades have a shelf life, which means the ingredients lose freshness every day they sit there, and at the same time, the flavors lose their intensity.
The secret to mastering marinades is in knowing the effect of various marinating durations. Marinating for two hours or less will impart a surface flavor. For a fully infused flavor, marinade for 8-24 hours. NOTE: The thicker the meat, the longer it takes to absorb the flavor. Here are a couple of my favorite marinade recipes. They’re full of flavor AND free of any preservatives.
Is anybody here a taco fan? Check out this killer Chicken Marinade!
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 drops Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil
- *2 drops Lime Vitality Essential Oil
Directions // Mix the above ingredients together. Allow chicken to marinate for 2-6 hours.
*Avoid plastic when using citrus essential oils.
Here's a delicious shrimp marinade that is perfect for those shrimp kabobs!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 drops Coriander Vitality Essential Oil
Lemon Vitality & Lime Vitality support your digestive, immune, and respiratory systems.
Coriander Vitality supports your digestive and hormonal systems.
Black Pepper Vitality: Supports your digestive and nervous systems.
No meal would be complete without dessert!
Citrus Coconut Popsicles are the perfect way to cool down on those HOT summer nights!
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of orange juice or orange pineapple juice (Get creative!!!)
- 1/3 cup (or to taste) agave or sweetener of choice
- 1-2 drops of Lime Vitality or Citrus Fresh Vitality Essential Oil
- Blend coconut milk, agave, and Lime Vitality Essential Oil.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold, dividing evenly.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes; then top with juice
- Freeze again for 30 minutes.
- Insert popsicle sticks. Continue freezing until firm.
- Lime Vitality supports your digestive, immune, and respiratory systems.
- Citrus Fresh Vitality supports your immune system.
Hot summer evenings outside are best enjoyed annoyance-free. Next week we'll check out an awesome-smelling outside spray that will keep your evenings much more enjoyable.
Thank you for being here on this journey with me. I'm truly honored you're here.
With Love & Gratitude,