Recipe // Dark Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus time to cool
Yields: 12 truffles
6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 50 percent cacao), finely chopped
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup
1/3 cup coconut milk
pinch of sea salt
2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
2 drops Ginger Vitality essential oil
1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
• Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
• Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan and bring
to a simmer (do not boil).
• Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1-2 minutes, and then stir gently
until completely melted and smooth.
• Stir in the essential oils.
• Refrigerate until mixture is just set, about 2 hours.
• With a small scoop or spoon, make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to
smooth. • Place about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish. Roll each truffle in the cocoa until coated.
• Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve.
• Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks; let stand at room
temperature 10 minutes before serving.